WELCOME

Welcome. The Two Leos (My Trusty Companion and I) are glad you stopped by. I have created this site to document and share our adventures as we travel around the United States. In 2011, these travels were limited to weekend outings and vacations. We used these to explore areas which will be visited more extensively in the future. Beginning in 2012, we expanded our travels as we transition to the full-time RV lifestyle. Check back from time to time to see our wanderings.

Quote

“...not all those who wander are lost...” Tolkien, J. R. R. (1954), The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings, Boston: Houghton Mifflin (published 1987), "Strider", ISBN 0-395-08254-4

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

We've got to hooold on!!!

After a very pleasant five hour drive today, we are nestled into the worst RV site I have encountered so far.  It took me some maneuvering to get into the site.  I managed to get level from side-to-side, but without unhitching there is no way to overcome the downhill slope of the site.


We're in an RV park just outside of Santa Fe, NM.  It looks like it used to be a KOA and  is now undergoing rehab.  But, since we're only here for one night, it will do just fine.  We have WiFi and my Netflix are humming.  The elevation is 7153 feet above sea level and I'm having no problem with the altitude.




After turning north off I40 at about mile 620 of our trip, we drove straight toward mountains, some of which still have snow on top. I wanted to take some pictures, but the two lane highway left us no opportunity to pull over. Between Tucumcari and Santa Fe is some of the most wide-open country I have seen. From I40 I could often see several hundred miles in either direction. Along the northern horizon, the mountains began to show up even before we turned north. Thunderstorm clouds were building over them all afternoon. Here in the RV park. the sky is looking threatening, but chances of rain are low.


We are hoping the forecast is correct, because if we get a big rain we may come sliding off the side of this hill.

No comments: